Quotes from Delegates
This is what some of the participants had to say about Measuring Behavior '98...
- "Simply the best way to keep up to date with the latest behavioral observation methods
and techniques." --- Mark Rutter, Institute of Grassland & Environmental Research
North Wyke Research Station, Okehampton, Devon, U.K.
- "One of the real benefits of the conference was the chance to see how researchers from
relatively disparate disciplines approach very similar methodological and analytical
challenges." --- Paul Mundell, Canine Companions for Independence, Santa Rosa, CA,
- "I would like to congratulate you and your colleagues with a very well-organized
meeting!" --- Thomas Jensen, Department of Behavioral Pharmacology, Novo Nordisk A/S,
- "I came here to learn, and I learned a lot!" --- Chia-Hung Hsu, Department of
Psychology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- "The opportunity to present my current work to other, like-minded, scientists was
exhilarating. [...] The conference, the setting, and your staff were excellent.
You found a beautiful site, invited group of diverse scientists, and coordinated the
entire event with a superb staff. [...] I look forward to seeing you in the future."
--- William Griffin, Marital Interaction Lab, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, U.S.A.
- "The meeting was successful and pleasant and I found it very stimulating. I spent
some really good days in Holland. Thank you and your staff again for the perfect
organization!" --- Marie-Louise Käsermann, Department of Theoretical and
Evaluative Psychiatry, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland.
- "I want to thank you for all your help during my participation in the MB98 meeting.
Your expertise and good humor made it a wonderful experience, and I enjoyed the meeting
very much. Hartelijk dank!" --- Judy Lauter, Center for Communication Neuroscience,
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, U.S.A.
- "I really apreciated the time spent at the University of Groningen. The Measuring
Behavior meeting was an enrichment to all scientists in physiology and behavior." ---
Mohammed M'Harzi, Department of Pharmacology, Hoechst Marion Roussel, Romainville, France.
- "Methodology is particularly important in the biological sciences, because of the
complexity of the subject matter. Noldus provides the perfect venue because of its focus
on the latest technological support for behavioral sciences." --- Annie Weaver, Living
Links Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, U.S.A.
- "This conference provides a wonderful opportunity to shop for methods for some specific
question. I exchanged ideas with other researchers who have tried and tested other methods
that I did not even know I needed, but will now implement in my future research design."
--- Melissa Gerald, Department of Anthropology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA,
- "This conference provided an excellent occasion for learning about both new methods and
new technologies for behavioral research." --- Maria Boccia, Observational Methods Core,
Frank Porter Graham Child Development Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill,
- "The informal way the meeting is held makes it surprisingly easy to get contacts with
all attendents." --- Kristina Ängeby Möller, Department of In-Vivo Pharmacology,
Preclinical R&D Division, Astra Pain Control AB, Huddinge, Sweden.
- "What I liked best? The Noldus’ spirit of life!" --- Michel Picard, Equipe
Biologie du Comportement et Adaptation, INRA Station de Recherche Avicoles, Nouzilly,
- "This conference has been very well organized with few (if any) screw ups. The Noldus
staff should be very proud of their effort." --- Anders Lund, Institute of Zoology,
University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- "What I liked best was the professional and client-friendly approach of the Noldus
people, the helpful comments of colleagues, the training facilities, working myself on the
systems, the video digitization service. In these four days I learned more about doing
research than in the past four years at the university. The help of professionals from so
many different fields made it possible to get a research design which will work." ---
Marijke Rutten-Saris, Department of Creative Therapy, Hogeschool van Arnhem en Nijmegen,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- "The conference is very well organized and structured. The preparation of the program
and proceedings is very satisfactory and informative and easy for reference" ---
Choo Hua Teng, Defence Medical Research Institute, Ministry of Defence, Singapore.
- "Talking to others, who had experienced the same problems as I have, it is nice to know
you're not alone! I have met people from my own country who I had no idea were using the
same technology as I am." --- Stephen Ellwood, Wildlife Conservation Research Unit,
Department of Zoology, Oxford University, Oxford, U.K.
Conference Program at a Glance |
Conference Secretariat: email@example.com
© 1998 Noldus Information Technology b.v.
Last updated: 17 October 1998